Monday, June 4, 2012

OH the Hu-Manatee


Monday found me perusing the marina in Michigan City,Indiana. As it was not the weekend the crowds were nowhere in sight. I did have some fun with a few tourists that were fishing in the marina. I cautioned them to neither foul hook nor feed the manatee. It caused quite the chatter from dock to dock.

What would a visit to Lake Michigan be without taking a plunge? After convincing my cohort to go for a swim, we did just that. The water was surprisingly warm. It wasn't long before I heard the faint shrill of a life guards whistle. It wasn't until that moment I realised it wasn't the swim limit buoy I had reached, it was in fact an indicator that I was entering the shipping channel. I can't help it that I'm a good swimmer. As my pal KJ says,"you ain't at the beach if you ain't getting yelled at."


Finding a suitable place to watch the Celtic's game turned out to yield quite the hidden treasure.
Giant screen T.V.? CHECK! Ice cold micro brew? CHECK! And then the menu arrived.
http://www.shorelinebrewery.com/index.php?page=menu
Take a look for yourself. On the menu that night was pork osso buco. When I asked the waitress what was up with that, she told me I probably didn't want that because it takes so long to cook. "Ah, tell me more." My curiosity peaked and my taste buds teased, I had to try it. I must admit, I was just starting to curl my upper lip, kinda like Elvis, when I saw the steak knife on my plate, but when I pulled at the monster hunk of pig leg with my fork, a smiled washed over my face like I just flipped over to the cool side of my pillow. Absolutely top notch! Super delicious. as a matter of fact,it actually taste a bit like manatee. (To far? you know I'm just jokeing)

No comments:

Post a Comment