Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers Day



     As dawn broke, I rolled out of bed and grabbed a cup of coffee. I picked up my phone, texted "Happy Fathers Day" to a great friend that reminds me of my father and called another great friend that I love as though he were my father. With my Pop no longer alive, I get my father fixes when I need them. My mother recently sent me a photo book, full of pictures of me and my dad. Amazing how much I now look, like he did then. I miss the old boy. I am proud, however, that I still carry on many of his good traits and hope they remain in motion, with both of my kids.  
     When I was a wee bit younger, I wrote a poem about my dad;
My dad's my man, he thinks too much.
He speaks of love and other stuff.
He thinks he doesn't worry much,
but he worries much about needless stuff.
I wish I knew my dad,
when he was young.
Love you Pop!

     To make sure I end on an up note, please watch the following video, it's way cool!
http://vimeo.com/12714406

No comments:

Post a Comment