Monday, April 16, 2012

Sticky Notes vs Post-it

I had fun this week preparing for a presentation I was slated to give to a peer group. I had the opportunity to utilize a new app on my iPad; .
  When preparing for a presentation, I'm usually just brainstorming or puking out ideas on to a tablet. Getting into character requires effort, albeit little at that. I do prefer an extremely fine point ink pen and a yellow legal pad. I keep it out on my desk and jot down every bullet point that pops into my head. That part is funny, because I always claim that all those little ideas and close quarter quips are already inside, just jumping at the chance to fire out on a fraction of a seconds notice.
  


Prior to my new

Sticky Notes

I would transfer every note off my legal pad, on to

Post-it® Labels | 3M.com.

If that wasn't old school enough, I would then begin placing them in chronological order, on my upright freezer door. The cool thing about that (no pun intended) was that I could stand in front of the freezer and practice my speech, while looking at my notes at eye level. The one drawback to that was, I once took them all down and put them on a sheet of paper, as sort of a cheat sheet, and somehow during one presentation, I blurted out," take hamburger out to thaw at 2:00. Dang those to do lists.
By leveraging technology, I can now just prop my iPad up in front of me and glance at the different color "virtual" post its, and it's like my very own TelePrompter.

No comments:

Post a Comment