Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pork Fat Rules!



Well, I missed the big 40's party last night at the Zebra, but as I lay awake early this morning, I heard the pig calling me. My day actually started looking to the sky and being amazed by a flock of 20 Great White Pelicans. I love the way they soar in squadron formation, searching for thermals. At a certain point of almost every turn, they momentarily become invisible, only to magically reappear. But today would not be for the birds; pork was in the air. It was Sunshine's 40th birthday party "pig roast". True to fashion, something out of the ordinary was status quo. Ronga took the bull by the horns and put the pig in the box. What you see is a portable, pig cooking, box. After getting to the party late and standing around watching hot coals smoke away in the lid, I must admit I would have not been surprised to see Dave Blaine, sweating like a pig, pop out at the end, pork chop in hand. As luck would have it, there really was a pig inside. What else can I say but, YUM?
While I may have missed the music, I got to see the band, The Chicharones chicharones.com/ as they showed up for the cook out. What a great bunch of guys.
If you follow "The Dash" you know my motto, "Life's too long to surround yourself with rotten people or eat crappy food". The party kept me true to form. Great conversations, ranging from Rodgers and Hammerstein to hang gliding. I could talk all night. It was a fun day with an opportunity to hand around some old friends and meet some new ones. I realized I like cranberry chutney every bit as much as I like ice cream.
Happy Birthday Sunshine, The Dude Abides.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being there, Dash! What a spectacular weekend!

    ReplyDelete