Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fight the Good Fight

Being a natural born fighter, I often find the phrase, "fight the good fight" resounding inside the inner workings of my skull. Whether your thinking:
or Timothy 6:12, the message is clear and distinct. That being said; why do I find myself wondering why?
Michael -- HV post I love the character John Travolta plays in the movie Michael. I love the fact that he is "wired to do battle". I love the matter of fact way he announces it. I sympathise with the fact that, "he wouldn't know how not to."

What's funny, is fighting battles for others. Why? I don't know. I never seem to stick around for ceremony. Sometimes I win the battle and it's a hollow or confusing one. My favorite part of

Good Morning Vietnam , is when Robin Williams character, Adrian Cronauer, says to the Vietnamese kid, "I fought like hell to get you into that bar, and you blew it up!" Watch that movie, it's a powerful part.

Some days I feel like Archangel Michael and some days like Adrian Cronauer. Either way, I'm always gonna fight.I wouldn't know how not to.


No comments:

Post a Comment