Thursday, September 8, 2011

I thought my ride had lots of chrome

I got up early, spent the morning washing my motorcycle and polishing the chrome, and boy does it have lots of chrome. (or so I thought) As I cruised through town I caught a glymps of a chrome horse, hobbled outside one of our local art gallerys.  I thought my bike, parked in front of this chrome steed would make for a cool picture. I picked up the pace and headed for home in order to get my camera. With my camera in my pocket, I hopped on mychrome and black cherry ride and raced downtown toward the horse. As I got close to Main street, I couldn't believe my eyes, the chrome pony was on the move. I decided to give chase, an we were off. Closing in fast, the horse trailer veered off to the left and on to the interstate. We circled the entrance ramp and in no time at all I was on his tail. Maintaining my speed, I paused to formulate my plan. I managed to reach into my pocket, grab my camera and put my hand through the carry strap. I checked my mirrors, glanced over my shoulder, increased my speed and without breaking stride, I hit cruise control. As I passed the the gracefull beast, he seemed to float effortlessly and I couldn't help but notice how his silver mane glimmered in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment