Friday, September 16, 2011

Cheezborger, cheezeborger,cheezeborger,No Pepsi....Coke

On the surface, the big buzz around the Windy City this past weekend was the filming of the new Superman movie. Lot's of big white trailers, blocked off streets and big cameras all around. If you know me, I always find a way to find a way. I managed to run into Henry Caville and Amy Adams ( Superman & Louis Lane respectivly), riding bikes on Navy Pier, with cameras in tow. If the scene manages to avoid the cutting room floor, I'm the dapper gent, casually strolling along in the double starched, white long sleeve shirt, no tie.
    The real hollywood tie is where I'm headed for breakfast. Of all the places to eat while in Chicago, it's doubtfull anyone would ever suggest Billy Goats. I don't go for the food, I go because it makes me smile. If you grew up in the 80" and were old enough to or had the inclination to stay up for Saturday Night Live, you would remember the skit made popular by John Belushi and Dan Akroid, "cheezeborger, cheezeborger no fries, cheeps, no pepsi... coke". Well this is where it all started!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=J0Fyf0eTyoI 
If the place is packed for lunch, you're gonna get yelled at. Embrace it! Take too long to order and you're GONNA get a cheezeborger, look overweight already and you're GONNA get upgraded to a tripple cheezeborger. I asked the old boy behind the counter how long he's been doing it and he replied, "lots of years". I asked him if he's still having fun and he replied, "you bet", when it stops being fun, I'll do something else". I guess that says it all; when it stops being fun, I'll go someplace else for breakfast. No pepsi, have a Coke and a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment