Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dirty Shame

    

Where else could you hang out with a bunch of Outlaws in Livingston,Mt, but the Murray? www.themurraybar.com   I headed out last night, for the first time in almost 3 years, to do just that. The band at the Murray was The Dirty Shame. www.thedirtyshame.com/  They're an outlaw, country group. I don't mind saying I grew up listening to that stuff. It's goooood! The band sounded great and sure brought back some fine memories. Nothing like Johnny Cash fighting his way out of that little speaker in the dash of my old mans, '67 Chevy station wagon.. Let's not forget settin up in my favorite fishing hole and poping some brand new everreadies into my am/fm radio with my pal Rick. We actually found that old radio setting on a rock one day, where someone had evidently forgot all about it. In fine fashion, we did the exact same thing the following year. I reckon fishing must have been good that day.             Ah, the memories.
Well, the memories didn't stop there. I said I have not been out to the bar in almost 3 years and it seems like time stood still. On one of the band's breaks, we hoofed it over to The Mint. www.mintbarandtheater.com/our-story
One thing you gotta know about Montana, There's a LOT of "The Mint"'s. I got to see some old friends. If you read one of my very first blogs, you will recall a guy I refer to as Brother Rabbit. He was playing with another friend Shelly. I love the Americana sounds they lay down. It was great to see them and catch up between breaks. Two beautiful voices and two wonderful people.  Ah, the memories.
  The night was fun and the conversations.........priceless. They ranged from international gun trades, to "life being too long to surround yourself with anything but good people" and "eat good food", to working in, on or around water. I even had a chance to play with a pit bull pup. Yes, you can still bring your dog into the bar out here, as long as he's well behaved. All in all it's great hanging out with good friends, making new ones and catching up with old ones. I know Jimmy Buffet sang, Livingston Saturday Night, I reckon we all just showed up a day early! As David Allen Coe said, "the talk turned to Outlaws, like Willie, Waylon and Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment