Saturday, March 24, 2012

Anything Goes

     We have a great little theatre in town. Tonight I was accompanied by my beautiful bride, as we enjoyed Cole Porter's, "Anything Goes".  I love the cozy feeling of plays at small venues. It brings back fond memories of all the Broadway and off Broadway my folks took us to as youngsters. I could list them all, however, the list would go on forever. You name it, we saw it. I remember how controversial Godspell Godspell on Broadway | Official Site  was when it first hit the stage. I remember all those hippies coming into the seats with bread and wine for communion. I remember it all spilling out through the doors and into the streets! You couldn't tell the players from the fans.   I remember being awed by Zero Mostel as Tevye in "Fiddler On The Roof".Fiddler on the Roof : FIDDLER ON TOUR I can still hear Richard Kiley belting out "Man of LaMancha".The Broadway Musical Home - Man of La Mancha I take quite a beating for "knowing my show tunes"! I can't help it. Mom and Pop just wanted to make sure we were exposed to as much culture as we could be. Heck, I remember going out to dinner with the cast of "Jaques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris"
  •      Much like I love the 4th of July Rodeo and parade, because this is my town; I love going to our small town plays. With the passion and energy the cast puts into it, it's hard to refer to it as small. After all............
    As You Like It, All the world's a stage. ( you do know who wrote that don't you?)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment