Sunday, February 26, 2012

No Two Snow Flakes Alike.

The picture does not tell the story. I was back country skiing this weekend in the snow . No kidding, in the snow. This picture was taken on my way home. I was actually skiing up where you see the snow socking in the trees. In fact, it was snowing so hard, my tracks skiing in were completely covered up on my way out. When I got back to my car, I thought, the "Gold Rocket" will have to work double time just to make it to the paved road.

 I helped a 4 wheel drive Ford, get unstuck. I traded places with the driver and got them free and onto the road. God, I love it when it's snowing. Saturday was my 7th consecutive and final day of grueling work outs. I celebrated when I finally got home with an ice cold Coors and a soak in the hot tub.
As I kicked back in the tub, I turned the jets off, laid back and closed my eyes. I felt the big snow flakes hit my face and it unlocked a window in my mind. Much like blind people can equate a sound with color, my own brain drew a correlation between mulitple, unrelated experiences. An ah ha moment. 
As a youngster, I had the opportunity to see, both the Russian and the Israili Ballet. Both quite beautiful and each intentionally different. The male dancers from the Russian ballet were almost hypnotic. More than once, I found myself in a light trance, wondering, "where have the minutes had gone". Oh how they lored me in. The ballerinas in the Israili troop floated effortlessly across the floor. I remember standing in the wings watching their feet as they gracefully walked to their mark in preparation for their dance to begin. Fixated on their precious white feet,I thought they touched the ground with the grace of a snow flake. I verified that feeling on Saturday as if somehow summoning the totaly random experiences together for one single command performance. I relived those moments in an instance. With the gentle kiss of each soft snow flake, I lept back in time. My smile matched that of my younger self, years before I could ever know the happiness packed into a single flake and mulitplied by bazillions. That, in itself, made me contemplate, "where have the years gone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment