Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Fighting Chance

   
 I watched a documentary this weekend. It was a story of a guy pursuing his dream. It wasn't a pipe dream or a day dream; it wasn't the kind of dream you can't wake up from. It's a movie about a guy following a dream he has, deep in his heart. He is the author of  a book called Kyle Maynard No Excuses.
     Most of us have dreams. Most of us see some of them out. Some of us have dreams we will never see come to fruition. More often than not, the biggest excuse for not following our dreams is the lack of time. I GOT NO TIME! I hear that all the time. The truth is, we all have the same amount of minutes in a day. If you put more time into your excuses than you do pursuing your dreams, you choose failure by default.  What if you had time, then what? Would you pursue your dream? I have a fun saying; "Don't pray for a pony". The reason being, you just might get a pony. If you do, it ain't gonna be the size or color you want. It may not show up where you want or when you want. What if it's a blind pony? Or a mean pony? You're way better off praying for the wisdom to pursue your dream of having a pony. I once prayed for patience so I would not loose my temper. What I got was ENDLESS opportunities to practice my patience.
     Make some time to watch the movie and when it's over, share your plan with someone, about what you are doing to follow your heart and capture your dream. You have no excuses.

http://fightingchancemovie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment