Sunday, January 8, 2012

JFK, Fashion Faux Pas?

If you could reconvene the original members of the Warren Commission, and visit the precise spot of the Kennedy assonation, I wonder what their reaction would be? They'd probably vomit. I've ridden past the location of that tragic day in Dallas, many times, but never stopped. Earlier, this afternoon, I was  in the neighborhood for some good southern barbecue and decided to walk off my full stomach. What I observed almost made me vomit.
There is nothing somber or reverent about the area  A giant black and yellow, plastic banner clearly identifies the "grassy knoll". I guess if you wanted to class the joint up a bit you could have spent the money on some grass seed. Upstaging the tacky knoll sign were two white X's in the middle of the entrance ramp to Interstate 30 and 35E. You guessed it, the first x marks the location of the first shot and the second x, well..........  It seem to be the tradition to dodge any oncoming traffic, run out into the street and have your picture taken, standing on the x. Your choice was, however, to face the photographer, thus trusting he or any assistant accompanying him, would surely notify you of any automobile traveling at a high rate of speed in your lane, or. you could face the top floor of the book depository and hold your own fate in your hands.
The real entertainment factor here is watching all the local rif raf, trying hard to profit off of an event that happened 48 years ago. You can't walk anywhere around the place without someone walking up to you trying to sell you a paper covering the whole event or asking if you want to hear their version of what really happened. I bet half the people can't even spell Kennedy. Like all good con men, they're just testing the waters. If you engage in conversation with them, they will eventually become your best friend and their final word before departing as either BFF's or disgusted, hard working informational exchange couriers now thinking they just waisted 4 minutes of their lives being intellectually sucked dry by an infidel such as you, hinges on the fact that you either did or did not give them a buck.
Those folks would be entry level shysters.

This guy here, (see above) is living the life. He doesn't have to work in a cubicle or cramped office. He can certainly dress like he is working from home. He owns all of his own equipment, including the cinder block holding down the easel. What I failed to capture with my camera were his helpers. Let me explain this seemingly unforgivable oversight. I actually started out the morning buying breakfast bars at Walmart. The people I saw there, scrubbed off all my reactions remotely associated with shock. It was this recent Walmart trip accompanied with the outfit of this fellows helper that may have helped me find, what the Warren Commission may very well describe as the missing piece to the puzzle. If I had to take a shot at it, I might venture a guess that on the day Kennedy was shot, he may have left the house wearing sweat pants. Now, hear me out. After spending a morning in a Dallas Walmart, unless you're jogging or headed to and or from the gym, nothing screamers, "I've given up, put me out of my misery" more than wearing sweat pants in public. I'm not alone here folks! It seems that the local authorities have had enough too.
In the middle of the parking lot, the local law enforcement people have strategically placed a raised sniper platform to take out these people, and if you look closely, they are able to cover the entrance to the Majestic Liquor Store as well. If you choose to try your luck when in Dallas by shucking your pants and dawning sweats, you too could suffer the wrath of the U.S.Army rangers, "Death from above".

No comments:

Post a Comment