Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dallas Art Walk Has Happy Ending


Moving throughout the the city, I can't help but to notice the architecture. Every time I look at something, I find myself saying, WOW. Like the picture above. It's actually the glass ceiling of the Dallas Trade center. The buildings became art, all by themselves. They changed from morning to night and though I never got a picture,in focus, there was a red Pegasus that seemed to follow me around like the bowl of Cream of Wheat on the t.v. commercial.
I thought the large glass encased stairwell was so cool at the Perot Museum of Natural History. That place will be spectacular when it's finished. I hear they're going to have an entire floor devoted to Sea Monkeys.


I love the reflection of the building on left on the building on the right. Intentional?

The tile floor screamed of art deco.
There was one park that must have had over 100 identical fountains in it. It was a bit chilly when I was there but I imagine it is the place to be when the temperature gets in the triple digits!


I decided to get a little artsy fartsy. Bordering on plagiarism, I decided to use someone else's art in order to make my own art. Hey, if it was good enough for Andy Warhol and all rappers, it's good enough for me.

COOL HUGH?
I made it a point to stop by the Dallas Museum of Art as they had two paintings I wished ti see. The first painting was Frederic Edwin Church's 1861 painting entitled, "Icebergs". At one time, it was considered to be the greatest painting ever. At the completion of the painting, there was absolutely no interest in the painting and it simply disappeared for 166 years. In 1970 the painting emerged and sold at auction for a record 2.5 million dollars.

The second painting was Van Gogh's, "Sheaves of Wheat". Needless to say, they would not allow any photographs. I did however try to strike up some conversation with the museum staff. I simply asked what their favorite painting was at the museum. It seemed that everyone gave me the same preprogrammed answer. They were instructed to give NO opinion. I was instructed that art was subjective and "one" should not interfere with "another" thoughts or emotional connection when "one " was viewing art. A simple no comment would do. I did however to contemplate that thought as I moved about the city, and I thought I would give it a try. I will leave you with this final photograph I took outside the Omni Hotel. Evidently the really get excited about Christmas down there in Dallas. For your enjoyment.............................................




No comments:

Post a Comment