Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hay!

     There is always time for reflecting and for some of us we find it in very unusual places. After attending the parade last night, I hustled home, baked a pizza on the grill and then headed out for the evening. I spent the evening in the thrasher,  cutting 80 acres of alfalfa.
     Picking vegetables from your back yard garden can be very rewarding; hopping in a big rig and doing it on a grander scale is awesome. The evening was perfect for soaking in all I've done lately. The canvas used to paint this picture, just happened to be a field, on a rolling hill side, bursting with alfalfa.
     As I made my way up and back on the hill, I reflected on how blessed I am, to be where I'm at, in my life; Living life and loving it all. As I bounced up the hill in the old New Holland, I marveled at the full moon creeping up over the hill top. Each round, seeing the moon at it's new height. On my down turn, I watched as the sun was setting, pumping out those beautiful pinks and oranges I so love. I couldn't help but think of Ezra Riley and how he always carried a big box of crayons in his truck, and when ever  the sun set, he would pick through the entire box, looking for that special color to match up with the painted horizon and long shadowed ground scape. All in all, the long shadows draw you in; there is no other part of the day when everything looks so unique. Whether you prefer to look at it like the end of a great day or the beginning of a new night, Mother Nature still forces you to turn the page.
     Turn the page, keep reading, finish the chapter or finish the book; my favorite part is closing the book, setting it down and as I'm still touching the cover, I reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment