Sunday, September 4, 2011

Small Soldier

I was on my front porch, fixing my sons bike, listening to him mimick Major Chip Hazzard, from the1998 movie Small Soldiers. He would crouch down from behind the bushes and holler out,"repair to fight!". Cute for a 12 year old. I called him onto the porch and explained that it was actually, pre-pare to fight. I went further to explain that repair meant to fix something broken and prepare meant to get something ready. I explained I was "fixing" or repairing his bike because it was broken and that his mother was in the kitchen "preparing" or getting dinner ready. I asked him to go see what his mom was preparing for dinner and he took off for the kitchen. Moments later he returned with a confused look on his face and I asked him, "why the troubled look"? He simply responded, "she's fixing sandwiches".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122718/
If you like this, fasten your seatbelt and keep your hands inside till the ride is complete. If you want more, check out the other Blogs. There's no place to go but up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment