Thursday, September 15, 2011

Jim Morrison said,"girl we couldn't get much higher" well.......I tried it and I liked it!

This past Sunday night found me watching the sun go down on the 20 floor of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Billings,Montana. Usually I prefer to watch the sun set from atop one of the mountain ranges but when I feel like moving on, I do just that. I will say I enjoyed a great Montana Ribeye and a smooth bottle of Moose Drool. As for the view, if you can look past the slow moving city you get a great shot at the Rim Rocks, jutting out, overlooking the city. I can only imagine what the indians or cavilary scouts saw while perched atop, 200 years ago. (From the top of the rocks, not the 20th floor of the Crown Plaza)

Monday found me on the 27th floor of the Wit, in Chicago, at a place called,The Roof. Rated Chicago's #1 roof top hangout. The view was spectacular and who would have thought you could ask for a slice of cucumber for you drink and they could pull it off. My friend said, mabey we should have asked for a raddish. While it's a great place to hang out, get there early if you want the cushy seats and then kick back and people watch. That night I know I saw a couple of indians and at least one cavilry scout. (o.k., so it was a bell hop!)

At night the stars put on a show for free
And, darling, you can share it all with me

I keep a-tellin' you
Right smack dab in the middle of town
I've found a paradise that's trouble proof (up on the roof)
And if this world starts getting you down
There's room enough for two
Up on the roof (up on the roof)
Up on the roo-oo-oof (up on the roof)
Oh, come on, baby (up on the roof)
Oh, come on, honey (up on the roof)

No comments:

Post a Comment