Sunday, May 13, 2012

Silence of the Chicken

    I decided to take care of my Beautiful Bride on Mothers Day. I tried something new. I bought a whole chicken and splayed it. I then turned it "somewhat" inside out. I then peeled all the skin away from the meat but not off the chucken. Kind of Hannibal Lecter like. I took fresh thyme and other poultry seasoning, and pushed it all under the skin. I seasoned the entire outside of the bird after that and placed it on the grill.
    I put some smoked bacon on the top rack, just above the bird. I love the smokey flavor of bacon on the grill and why not baste the bird with some pork fat? When the chicken hit 180 degrees I plated it while I  made up a quick bed of whole wheat pasta and cilantro sauce.

Just like the guy at the bottom of the elevator, it's not what it appears. (but don't shoot the chicken in the leg,he's is dead) While the chicken may look like a class 3 carcinogen, it's just the skin. All the flavor is inside. I got so excited, or hungry, I started to eat before taking a picture of dinner plated.
F.Y.I. we did not have Chianti nor fava beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment