Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where to Play when you're in Dallas

Sunday finds me in Dallas. I'm multitasking which means I'm working off of multiple itinerary's. (Trust me, it ain't for everyone) I have tons to do and a short window to make it all happen; I'm off!
I may come from the part of the country where the deer and the antelope play, but we got cowboys and rangers up here to. I felt compelled to see exactly where they play. Here is a little known fact about,"The Dash".  As a minor, I rode a bus and spent a brief stint sitting on a bench with these guys.What? Of course it's a riddle to which you will never get a straight answer. Oh, not a cowboy, but I'm currently aspiring to be one.
With my poker face on, I decide, in order to accomplish the Dallas sports grand slam, I gotta see where to Mavericks and the Stars play as well. That was easy, heck I killed two birds with one stone. On the way my pal and I gt hungry and decide to stop at a place I have not been to in over 15 years, Trail Dust. It's a cowboy'd up steak joint. It's family style seating which is great if you happen to walk in with about 20 guys and all want to sit together. For entertainment, they have a big dance floor and usually a band that's covering some classic Highway Men tune. If that ain't exciting enough for you, you can work on your slide. Nope, not your electric slide, ut uh, not your slide into second. After dinner, as long as the bands on brake, you can kick off your boots and mosey up the stairs and pretty as you please, slide downstairs from upstairs!

I've see 80 year old ranchers take the plunge I've see old ladies in hoop skirts slide for all it was worth. It has just become the social acceptable thing to do. Now, what's NOT acceptable to do is to walk in the front door and yell, Why in Sam Hill does Tom Landry always wear that stupid hat?" and the second would be to walk in wearing a tie. For the first offense the may tell you to shut up and cut it out, but for the second offense, there gonna "cut it off". (the tie that is) Yep, you'll lose it. I don't care if it is the tie gram pa Charlie got when he caught Douglas MacArthur's pipe before it fell into the ocean, it may have been a whole tie when you walked in, but you'll walk out with half! One consolation though, they will staple the "purdy end" up on the wall. Heck, they'll even let you autograph a fancy note card with your signature and the date, so they can fix it to the wall along side your old tie. That way, when your friends stop by for a bite, they can browse around and sort of reminisce about the time, "they got ol' Charlie". So beware and dress with care. If you don't like it, they'll show you the door but if you have to go, they'll show you the floor. Just follow the tracks to the wash room and back.

As for the Stars and the Mavs, I took these two pictures, one right after the other. There has been no photo shop. You be the judge.......................................................

  Insert your own funny caption here (                                                                                             )

No comments:

Post a Comment