Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cherry Christmas

Normally, I go to the grocery store or butcher shop to by a Christmas Turkey or Ham. Being as I got my Christmas Turkey a few weeks earlier, I decided to try something different; I whacked Christmas dinner myself. I has a wonderful time outdoors, taking in all that Mother Nature could send my way. I braved the cold and headed out along the river to hunt some ducks. As luck would have it, I had ample opportunity and made good on every shot. I will say that after watching some extremely stout brown trout hovering in the deep pools, I had a back up plan that would have made good use of my fishing pole in the back of the truck.

Cover your eyes if your squeamish about this stuff, but let's face it, that's how you get from point a to point b! You may not recognise them with out their feathers, but those are the two in the middle.

If you gently start humming the song "Akuna Mutata", from the movie Lion King, I'll continue on with the story. I have four beautiful fruit trees in the yard. The birds all love the cherry tree and we all share as does the bear and the rest of us eat fruit from them all; apple, plumb and crab apple respectively. I decided to use some of the tart cherries to make a reduction for the ducks.
I am employing the latest technology in smellavision. I you wiggle your cursor over the pot of cherry sauce (Ala scratch and sniff) you will actually begin to smell the love.
Dinner capped off with a crispy duck, cooked to perfection, some home canned pickled red beets and for desert? What else, home made cherry pie. Ah, the color. Oh, the delightful smell and yum yum the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment