Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sheep Mountain Sunrise


Ah, the morning clouds hugged the the base of this beautiful butte. the morning air was cold and the clouds hovered over the swift Yellowstone River. it was awesome to watch the sun peer over the horizon and slowly absorb the soft clouds. 
As if the morning wasn't spectacular enough, I was blessed to see, the elusive and endangered, Swift Fox. the Swift Fox holds the current spot of 34 on my Montana bucket list. When I first saw him, I thought he was a whitetail fawn, plowing through the alfalfa. When he broke cover and hit the open grass, I could see him clearly. I'm not sure where I fell on his bucket list, but, he did pause at the crest of the hill to take in an eyeful of me!
 
I never get bored of the sun starting my morning. As I look to the east, coffee cup in hand, I can't wait to see what she's wearing today!


That's just the beginning. At the end of the day, well, there is no bad view.
Do you have a beautiful sunrise memory? What are your thoughts on the scenery?

No comments:

Post a Comment